When everyday attempts at diaper rash prevention isn’t enough, having effective diaper rash remedies from the most natural to the more medicated is crucial!
When a diaper rash progresses to the point of needing medical intervention, this Medicated Diaper Rash Cream is a good trick to have up your sleeve. When my twins had a diaper rash I’d never seen before, I did a little research on my own and also went to my pediatrician for help.
Severe Diaper Rash Symptoms Benefit From the Treatment of My Homemade Medicated Diaper Rash Cream
- Redness around baby’s anus was from the acid in the foods I was eating.
I eliminated tomatoes and citrus in my diet for a week. In addition, the antacid in this recipe helped heal the redness.
- Raised red bumps and patches on his bottom were caused by yeast. “When the skin is damaged, yeast from the intestines can invade the skin. This especially occurs with antibiotic use or prolonged rash.” (Dr. Sears)
The clotrimazole in this cream is anti-fungal to help fight yeast diaper rash. The anti-fungal properties in the tea tree oil in my homemade natural baby wipe solution and in my favorite all-natural diaper rash defense: coconut oil would have helped but unfortunately, the rash had progressed to the point of needing some medical intervention.
- Irritated skin I treated with A&D Ointment, used as a barrier cream against wetness and for healing.
- Raw bleeding patches were from damaged, irritated skin.
My pediatrician advised me to apply an antibiotic ointment like Neosporin to prevent infection. I alternated with every diaper change between using the my Homemade Medicated Diaper Rash Cream and the antibiotic ointment until baby’s skin had healed.
Ingredients for Homemade Medicated Diaper Rash Cream
- Maalox Antacid
- Lotrimin 1% cream (contains clotrimazole)
- A&D Ointment
- Small container with a lid
Directions For Making Homemade Medicated Diaper Rash Cream
Mix equal parts of the above ingredients
Store mixture in a lidded container
- TIP: Make It Thicker
Use less Maalox to give the cream a thicker consistency.
- Money-Saving TIP: Buy Generic
The main ingredient in Lotrimin is clotrimazole so I just buy the generic brand with this active ingredient in it to save money.
NOTE: I am not a Doctor or Medical professional. This information is intended to be informative only. Please check with your medical professional before starting any Diet, Exercise or any other Medically related programs.