Are you looking for a healthy veggie dip? Maybe an alternative to store-bought Ranch dressing which seems to be as much of a staple in American households as ketchup?
While I love homemade ranch dressing, I like to mix up the dips offered to my family at lunch or for snack. This full-flavored dip is one of our favorites! I just got a thumbs-up “yum” from my five-year old the other day!
A Nutritional, Versatile Vegan Veggie Dip: Tahini Dill
This dip is so versatile! Great for every-day snacking or for parties. Surround it with fresh, chopped veggies and lightly-toasted, whole-grain pita bread. Add a bowl of mixed olives and you’ve got yourself a mediterranean spread.
With some added water, this dip transforms into a delicious, creamy dressing for salads.
Sesame seeds are rich in beneficial minerals. Tahini contains 20% protein, making it a satisfying staple for lunch or in-between meals. Incorporate more Tahini in your family’s diet with my recipe for Garbanzo Bean Hummus.
- 6 T. sesame Tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 3 T. apple cider vinegar
- 2 T. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 T. honey (raw, local honey is best)
- 4 tsp. dill, dried or use 4 T. fresh dill (the flavor of dried herbs is so much stronger than fresh)
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- fresh water as needed (drizzle in to achieve the consistency you want)